"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Makenzie


It's hard for me to know where to begin.... It seems like only yesterday I was bringing you home from the hospital and now I am in awe of the beautiful young woman you have grown to be. I am so proud to be your mom. I am a better person because you are in my life. You inspire me to grow in my walk with the Lord, in my relationship with your Dad, and in my relationships with others. Thank you for your encouragement, support and love!!! I love all that you stand for and how strong your convictions are. I love the way you love Jesus - even when it is hard! Your faith is incredible! I pray you continue to learn, to love and to grow closer to God and to others. You are a shining example to so many that are watching you!!! SHINE ON GIRL!!!

We've known for a year that this goodbye was coming and that this one was going to be the hardest one. There was nothing to do to prepare our hearts for this separation except to enjoy the time we had together. I remember reading a book by Karen Kingsbury where she talked about holding on to the lasts. She tells about remembering every first but not cherishing our "lasts". This summer I believe we have cherished our lasts. I have loved every minute and have been grateful to God for allowing us to spend this summer together. Isn't it neat to see how He works out details of our life for what is best for us. I know you were sad that you didn't get the camp job but I was so happy because you would be with us. I loved watching you hanging out with your brothers, chatting with your Dad, playing with your cousins, and seeing you use your talents to glorify Him during VBS!!

Even though we will be continents apart our hearts are bound together like a cord of 3 strands (God, you, me). Because of the love we share and relationship we have, time nor space can separate us! Pretty Awesome thought huh?? I know this is tough but I also know you support us in our call and for that I am so grateful!! I cherish what you told us during your Dad's ordination -"that we had been wonderful parents to you and now there were children in Africa that needed the love we had given to you. So you released us with your love and prayers and complete blessing." Thank you sweetheart!!!

I never planned for saying this goodbye. I just knew one day I would be putting you on that plane to go to the uttermost parts of the world! That has been your hearts desire since you were 12 - I never expected to go before you but God had other plans and HIs are perfect!!!

So...I say goodbye for now knowing that you are firm in the palm of God's hand. Completely trusting Him to minister to your every need and looking forward already to seeing you in Botswana this Christmas!!

I love you my Baby Girl!!!

Mom

3 comments:

  1. Tonya,
    what an incredible mother and friend you are to your beautiful daughter...and to all your children. You are an inspiration to me, thanks for always having a big smile every time I saw you. Love you!

    With Love,
    Kim Wright
    Sumter, SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your three days with much emotion... its a wonderful experience for you and i am glad your getting things ready for the big move to your own home. Is it normally cool in your area or is it winter there now? Its supposed to be 103 here today i would love "hoodie" weather. Lol...
    i think driving on the wrong side of the road would be the hardest part so far...
    Your in my prayers before i get up of a morning .... Know that... feel them.. and I love you both. Love you much, Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm bawling my eyes out right now!!!! My mascara is running all over this keyboard. I just thought about how hard that would really be to leave your only sweet girl behind. Love you and I will be really praying over you and Makenzie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete