"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2 months of homelessness!!

Sometimes you don't realize how precious things are until you don't have them.  Well that is how I feel about a home.  We sold our home in Sumter and closed on July 8th.  Since that time we have lived out of suitcases and in the homes of others.  I guess I pretty much took for granted having our own place and our own space.  I am grateful that we will have a place to call home starting tomorrow.  If you think I am grateful imagine how 5 boys must feel.  They have been incredibly flexible, accommodating and patient through this whole process.  I am actually very proud of how well they have managed to live in one room and share beds (or air mattresses) depending upon where we were.  They have been entertained with one backpack of various toys and have basically lived with no yard or yard toys this whole time. They will be thrilled to have a yard and some toys and some of their stuff.  I can hardly wait myself!  

Today I got the kids registered for school.  The boys did their placement testing and we got almost all of the uniform pieces we will need.  Still looking for size 14 black leather dress shoes - who knows if that is even a possibility in Botswana.  Poor Hunter may have to cram those big feet into a smaller size - bless his heart!  Scott was able to find a good vehicle for us.  We should have that on Thursday or Friday of this week.  We are making progress - it just seems really slow for an "urgent" girl like myself.

Scott worked with the team from ADBC the rest of the afternoon building the feeding station. They are working hard building the block foundation.  The plans are to have the foundation finished before the team leaves on Saturday.  Another team from Greer, SC will arrive Friday night and will pick up the building process where the ADBC team leaves off.  I didn't get to see the team today - made lunch for them but Scott delivered it! I am planning on seeing the team at my house late tomorrow afternoon... I can use the manpower to get furniture in its place.

Please continue to pray for our boys as they settle in to a new way of life.  School starts for them on Monday the 6th.  They will be wearing uniforms for the first time in their lives and the older ones are not very happy about that.  The younger ones on the other hand are actually excited about it!!  Please continue to pray for us that we can settle into our home quickly so we can shift our focus toward more ministry.  We love you all and are grateful for your continued support!!  Tonya

1 comment:

  1. Praising God that Scott found a good vehicle!!! Answered prayer! Tonya your family is doing so well being "homeless". It is so very trying After our home burned completely when we lived in KS we were "homeless" for 10 and a half months. At that time there were 7 of us as we had a foster child. Katie was only 16 months old. We spent 3 of those months in a hotel. It was different from what you are doing obviously but I want to encourage you that every moment of that time God took care of our family and provided beyond anything we could have asked for. Was it easy??? NO. But HE was so faithful. Praying for your move in day:) Do you need us to send shoes for Hunter????? I am great at finding size 14s :):) Love, hugs and prayers, Kathy

    ReplyDelete