"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 2 Botswana


8:00 am and the house is so quiet.  Everyone is asleep and the dogs do not know I am awake yet.  Take that back they just made their presence known.  Praising God and rejoicing in the age of technology He has allowed us to live in today.  Last night, I was able to talk with and see our parents, one our friends daughter and most excited to see Makenzie.  This is an amazing time we live in to serve our Lord.  This makes the hardship of leaving family and friends behind so much easier.  The children are ready to see Africa, so we are going to attempt to go out into the area today and look around.  I do not think they will see animals but you never know.

The children got to see around town and shop.  We had to purchase hoodies because we packed all the winter clothing on the shipment.  They are all fascinated with how large the plants grow here.   We still have lots of smiles and excitement from our boys.  They did not see any animals today.  Planning a trip to the reserve on Saturday, we have been told the Rhinos are herding at one spot before they move north.

Visited a pastor’s conference where 148 pastors were in attendance.  Tonya and I were introduced and our mission was explained to all of them. We are here to equip pastors and churches with training and resources to have vibrant children’s ministry.  If there ever was a doubt for such a need as our ministry, it was confirmed today.  So many pastors from Zambia, Zimbabwe and all over Botswana saying how important it was for Africa to reach its children with the gospel but no one knows how best to minister to children.  We received a blessing from the pastors by having a pastor from each of the countries represented surrounded us and lay hands on us and pray for us.  The entire group prayed for us as they laid their hands on us.  This was such a blessing and God’s way of assuring His plan and purpose for us in Africa.  One of the things that one of the pastors prayed really struck me today.  He told the Lord that none of us are experts (and I thought how especially true that was for us)  but we were all willing to work together to reach the children for Him. This work is far more than Botswana.  God has us planting seed here but there’s so much harvest here. 

Lesson learned today, humbleness in knowing our Mighty God would choose my family for His glory and the only requirement from us was to say yes.  I do not need to add anything to the story as I watch it build around us.  God’s plan and speed is perfect.  

7 comments:

  1. I could tell when we talked that you were especially moved by your experience. I thank God for choosing you to follow Him. Thanks for your faithfulness to our Father. I am thanking Him for giving you this blessing of today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing to meet all those pastors on your second day there!!!!! You won't remember all of them but I bet all of them will remember you. What an encouragement you are to those pastors whose hearts are so tender for their young ones. Prayer for you and Tanya
    "Love through me, Love of God.
    Make me like thy clear air
    Through which, unhindered, colors pass
    As if it were not there."
    (Amy Carmichael, Toward Jerusalem)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing that you should meet all those pastors your second day there! You will not remember all of them but they will remember you. What an encouragement you are to them whose hearts are hungry for their young ones to meet Jesus. Prayer for you and Tonya:
    "Love through me, Love of God.
    Make me like thy clear air
    Through which, unhindered, colors pass
    As if it were not there."
    (Amy Carmichael, Toward Jerusalem)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the double. I am just getting the hang of this:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking about you guys and especially your kids the last few days....not only thinking but praying for you so much. I have been in Knoxville, Tenn. visiting a friend who has a missions heart for those around the world. As I was driving through the mountains, God brought you to my mind so many times. I love you all and continually lift you up. I know that God is up to great and wonderful things in Botswana especially amongst the little children.

    Blessings....Give Hunter, Chandler, Parker, and the sons of Thunder a hug and kiss from the Piercy family!!!!! Love you much!!!
    Love,
    Shanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing to read about your day today! I am so glad that you were able to talk to and see
    Makenzie.

    How exciting to read about your prayer with the pastors. That really confirms that you all are in the right place. Praise God!

    Thanks for keeping us updated. I hope Joe gets to see his animals soon. Enjoy the day and know we are all praying for you all...you guys are always on my mind and in my prayers. Love you all.

    Blessings,
    Kim Wright
    Sumter, SC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for your very own house that will meet the needs of your family and ministry!

    ReplyDelete