"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

Friday, January 8, 2010

The Family



Please pray for our family as we are taking the necessary steps to move to Botswana.  Please pray

for Scott as he transitions from his current job to our church staff.  Pray for Him to grow in knowledge and wisdom. Pray that he has the ability to "soak up" as much as he can from mentors and leaders before we go.  Pray for Makenzie (19) as she heads back to college.  Please pray that she would make healthy and committed friendships and would find her place to serve on Campus. Please pray that she would find a church that she can connect and serve in.  Pray that God would prepare her in every way necessary for us to leave.  This is  the hardest part as a mom, leaving our daughter in the states.  Pray for all of our boys (Hunter 15, Chandler 13, Parker 10, and Josh and Joe 4) that they would continue to be excited about what God is doing in sending us to Africa.  Please pray that God would be preparing hearts in Africa to recieve them as friends when we get there.  Pray that I would be discerning in knowing what needs to be done before we  leave.  Pray that God would show us very clearly what our next step is.  We are trusting Him with every detail.

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying and am humbled to call you my sister, my best friend! I love you and can't wait to see what God has in store for you in Africa! Love, Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya, I just saw your blog. I'm so excited for your family. You will be in my prayers. I know there is probably some part of you that may be anxious and unsure (that's only human) yet it is clear in your testimony that God is working in your lives. I believe that He will provide guidance and protection for your children as you make this journey. I'll miss coming to your house, even if it was only sporatic visits :)

    ReplyDelete