"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New Opportunity

I am totally in awe watching our God work. He never ceases to amaze me ~ I pray the same is true for you.

When my sister was diagnosed with cancer and told she couldn't travel to Botswana, I prayed that God would make a way for Karla Hafner to join the MBC team to Gakuto. GOD did just that! When He opened the door for Karla to come to Botswana He also opened the hearts of her friends and co-workers to supply many many needs in the school at Gakuto. As Karla spent the week with the teachers doing some training, some assisting and just getting to know them, God opened another door. The teachers were all given a Bible and were VERY excited to have their own. The teachers approached Karla about someone coming to lead a Bible Study for them at the school. Karla told them that she knew just the person - ME!

This afternoon I will go for the first time to meet with the teachers and begin our Bible Study together. Teaching is NOT my gift!! I don't mind talking, facilitating, or leading discussion but teaching is way out of my "comfort zone"!! I am trusting GOD who made the way, opened the door and led me to this, to carry me through it! Please pray for me. I feel like Moses complaining and whining to God that I can't do it or I'm not the one. I know that is OK because 2 Cor 12:9 tells me "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

I am asking all of you my dear friends and prayer warriors to please join me in praying for this study, for God to work through me, for these 13 teachers lives to be transformed by the power of Christ.

Thanks for praying!! ~ Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment