"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

Friday, June 17, 2011

Gakuto Impressions

The Dream Team for Gakuto.

Family and friends working in our mission was great.

I had a hard time putting words together describing yesterday and I think I can do it. Honestly, Tonya does a much better blogging and putting a personal view of what we experienced. I am giving it my honest perspective. The photo here shows impression made in the sands of photo.

I wanted review what difference we made in Gakuto and did we impact not just relief but development and rehabilitation. I see as I look at the sand foot prints of 288 children who had not been on the grounds in years. We sponsored the first children's bible school in Gakuto teaching about faith and trust. I see 14 teacher prints taking a first step on the church grounds. They were there because we partnered with them bringing supplies, teaching aids and a teaching specialest. Foot prints of a team of SC 10 friends and family mingled with children from every direction. Shipes family foot prints, Hunter's big feet jumping all around playing games with children. Foot prints of Naledi Baptist Fellowship members on their mission trip to Gakuto. Foot prints of elders and church members feeding children and watching with huge smiles seeing life in the church again. The foot prints tell such a story for me.

After 5 days, we encouraged 14 teachers with bibles and gave them basic tools to help their students learn. 300 children performed for us as a gift of thankfulness for reaching out to them. Gakuto Baptist will be holding a children's event every Saturday to continue what we started. I will train 5 people and provide the curriculum they need to continue. Tonya will hold a Bible Study with the teachers once a week. The pastor will work to be there full time. Millbrook Baptist Church, Harmon Class will support the needs for the Pastor to make this happen. The church will grow through the children of Gakuto. There was such a presence of the Holy Spirit with us this week.

We did not pour out typical American gifts to energize the children. We prayed, sang, taught Jesus to them and in return, Jesus showed up. It is what they needed and God provided. Finally, the foot prints I see that makes me stand in awe, are the nail scarred footprints that danced among us. You go God!

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your work.

Scott and Tonya

2 comments:

  1. Very well said, my friend. What you are allowing God to do through you is amazing. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising God and thanking Him in awe for His amazing simplicity! May He bless and encourage you through each moment that you and your family serve Him " Just Giving out Jesus"!!!!! Continuing on in prayer....

    ReplyDelete