"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Moruti Shipes 2/14/10

Dumela, it has taken me several days since I was ordained on 2/14 to put some words down.  Words do not come easy to describe how Tonya and feel right now.  My journey which started at Millbrook Baptist Church in Aiken, SC was celebrated by having Pastors Clint Smith, Mike Chandler and Dr. Eddie Leopard speak kind words and encouraging prayers.  We were reminded about the power of prayer and how a it began with a group of men huddled together on Sunday nights.  Then God leading us to Sumter to add to our family.  This addition educated us about HIV/AIDS and gift of adoption.  I kept thinking about Eddie's quote of "Millbrook and beyond" in the early years and how "beyond "was taking shape in my life. The church is there to support and encourage the "go" part of Jesus' commission.
Our journey led us to Alice Drive Baptist Church which celebrated by having Pastor Clayton Smith and Dr. Clay Smith remind us all we have next steps to make in our journey and our obedience is always that first step.  Reminded that blessings are about the way God sees them when we are praying for them and not our vision or intent of them.  What an honor to have Pastor Norman Schaefer from Open Baptist Church, Gaborone, Botswana leading the charge to us all about what Botswana is about.  I look so forward to serve under his umbrella in Botswana.
The laying of hands was a humble experience.  The verses and kind words of encouragement from the ordained and the church are near to my heart.  I will always hold dear the smile on Miss Hannah's face as she spoke to us.  Laying hands on the first couple to come out of Alice Drive Baptist Church to go into the mission field after all the years she spent supporting missions at Alice Drive brought such joy to her spirit.  Our immediate family coming to a better understanding of our call and support us with prayer and laying hands on us.  Encourages us to how God used that moment to heal their hearts.  My daughter Makenzie sang beautifully a song which was a healing step for the family as well.
To all who have been part of this journey thank you.  My heart is full of emotion and love for all the folks who stood in line for so long to give us a prayer of support and encouragement.  May God's Blessing be with all of you.

Scott & Tonya Shipes

No comments:

Post a Comment