"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Preparing for Goodbyes

How do you prepare for Goodbye? I have not been able to wrap my finite human brain around that question. I know there are lots of people that are preparing for goodbyes ... spouses deploying, family members terminally ill, aging parents, kids moving away... the list of possibilites is endless. I pray if you are in that place of preparing that God will give you the grace and peace that only HE can!!

But when I think about all of this, I still wonder HOW? My heart breaks every time I say a "temporary" goodbye - knowing I will see them again. My heart breaks as I watch others say goodbyes to their kids leaving to go on mission a continent away. My heart breaks as I watch others say goodbye to their dying family members. My heart breaks as I continue to watch my sister and family grieve over the goodbye that was said 5 years ago to Baby Wills. So why does this heart of mine break? I have often said through the years, "Goodbyes HURT because our hearts are built for eternity where there are NO goodbyes!" I know that is TRUTH and I long for that day of no more goodbyes! Still I'm in a place of trying to prepare for the goodbyes that are coming.

These past few days have been some the hardest on the field. I had to tell 2 of my "daughters" that we are moving back to the States. These 2 have been with us from the beginning and God has knit us together. They were both so incredibly sad that it broke my heart in two. I reminded both of them that we still have 5 months together so we need to celebrate our time together. Still how will I do it come July? How will I leave my daughters, who live in poverty and need, not knowing if we will see each other again this side of Heaven?? I (and they) can only do it by the grace of God. We will cling to this verse: 2Cr 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Please be in prayer for us as we are making preparations and telling our friends and family here we are leaving. Pray that God will give us Grace for every conversation and complete Peace that He has perfect plans for EVERYONE!!

Pray specifically for Elizabeth and Mercy. Pray for their breaking hearts!

Continue to pray for the work still to be done before we leave in July. Our calendars are full of appointments, trainings, kids camps and conferences.

We love you all and appreciate your continued love, prayers, encouragement and support!
~ Tonya

1 comment:

  1. Wow....so precious and heart-breaking at the same time. I will pray for you all and those whose hearts will break when you say goodbye...Heaven seems sweeter each day!!!!

    ReplyDelete